Producers: Grand Tasting Signup is Now Closed.
Premier Riesling Conference in the United States
Riesling Rendezvous Review
Chateau Ste. Michelle of Washington state and Dr. Loosen estate of Germany will host the fifth Riesling Rendezvous July 17-19, 2016 at Chateau Ste. Michelle and Bell Harbor International Conference Center in Seattle. The event brings together leading experts and producers to explore the versatility of Rieslings from around the world, discuss issues and opportunities surrounding the advancement of Riesling, and forge alliances among producers and Riesling enthusiasts.
Riesling Rendezvous is the largest event dedicated to Riesling in the United States. Tickets for the 3-day event pass are $800. Registration for the 3-day event will begin January 11, 2016 at rieslingrendezvous.com. Grand Tasting only tickets are $125 for VIP and $85 for General Admission. Grand Tasting VIP tickets are limited and include one extra hour of tasting.
Grand Tasting only tickets go on sale May, 2016.
Riesling Rendezvous 2016 Program
Sunday, July 17 at Chateau Ste. Michelle, Woodinville, Washington 4-8 pm VIP, 5-8 pm General Admission
Grand Tasting - Sample the finest Rieslings from around the globe, mingle with winemakers, savor Riesling friendly cuisine by several of Seattle’s popular food trucks and enjoy live music on the picturesque grounds of Chateau Ste. Michelle.
Monday and Tuesday, July 18 & 19 at Bell Harbor International Conference Center, Seattle, Washington
Blind Tastings guided by distinguished producers to explore Riesling styles, from powerful dry wines of Austria, Alsace and Australia to the elegant German variations and flavorful, spicy interpretations from North America.
Breakout Sessions will delve into topics including:
- The State of Riesling: Climatic Trends, Current Growing Conditions and Future Projections
- The Essential Elements of Dry Riesling
- Tips from the Pros on Selling Riesling
- Discovering the Diversity of Australian Riesling
- Rocks & Riesling: Alsace's Diverse Terroir
- Winemakers Only Roundtable: Is global warming real? Winemakers share the truth about climate change from personal experience.
- Sponsor Showcase & Walk Around Activities including Rieslings from featured regions, pairing Riesling with salmon, Riesling & cheese tasting, Riesling friendly appetizers, and more….
- *subject to change