Contribute Basics Part 2
Sophia Hunt, Trainer – HealthStream
Are you a new or untrained Authoring Administrator? Would you benefit from a review of basic Contribute functionality? This two-part breakout session will introduce you to the fundamentals of content development using Adobe Contribute. During the two sessions, you will learn how to get started using the Contribute software, how to create authoring folders and HTML pages and publish them to your authoring FTP site. Adding authored content to an HLC course will also be demonstrated.
NOTE: Participants should register for and attend BOTH Part 1 and Part 2.
· Create basic online content using Contribute
· Manage content through Contribute and from the authoring FTP
· Add online content into an administrator-developed HLC course
NOTE: This is NOT a hands-on training experience.
Student Groups: A Roundtable Discussion
Michael May, Operations Manager – HealthStream
Would you like to review student group rules and recommend practices with a HealthStream expert? This one hour round-table discussion provides participants with an opportunity to review student group functionality and ask specific questions about student group use. Recommended practices will be outlined, and peer-to-peer sharing will be encouraged.
· Review student group functionality
· Use student groups to efficiently deliver assignments and run reports
Testing 123: Enhancing Your Use of Assessment Builder
Joel Cranford, Business Analyst – HealthStream
Are you new to creating HLC tests and evaluations? Would you like to learn more about test and evaluation features, including enhanced features and functionality? Do you have questions about the test/evaluation export/import feature? This breakout session will offer an overview of assessment builder functionality, and will focus on utilizing editing features and functions to enhance your test and evaluation output.
· Describe basic assessment builder functionality
· Add images and hyperlinks to assessment questions, answers and rationale
· Create test and evaluation templates using the export/import feature
HealthStream Competency Center Best Practices: Building Assessment Templates
Lindsey O'Leary, RN; HCC Deployment Specialist & Lenetta J. Carter, RN; HCC Deployment Specialist – HealthStream
Are you a HealthStream Competency Center (HCC) customer? Would you like to learn about best practices for building your assessment templates? Would you like to see how other customers have developed their assessment templates and possibly some better or more creative ways to implement yours? This one hour session will show you some of the best practices used by HCC customers and provide you with additional options for how to build your assessment templates.
Identify elements of an assessment template
Create the most useful assessment template building blocks
Build solid and logical assessment templates
Effectively organize your assessment template
Determine when an assessment template is ready for publishing
Recognize options for re-using or re-purposing existing templates
Video Made Easy
Megan Heady, Sr. Operations Specialist & Matt Versley, Operations Manager – HealthStream
Have you wondered about incorporating video into your HLC courses? Have you contemplated using video but needed more guidance as to when it is appropriate as a learning tool? Are you concerned about the costs involved in video production? During this one hour session, you will be introduced to a simple, inexpensive methodology for incorporating video into your administrator-developed HLC courses. An overview of the process will be provided, including a discussion of the required tools and estimated costs. Tips will be shared to assist you in assessing when video is truly useful as a learning adjunct. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a video capture, and witness that video become part of an HLC course - all within this one hour presentation!
· Determine the appropriate use of video in administrator-developed HLC courses
· Identify tools required for video capture and edit
· Appreciate the time required to add a simple video to a course
· Review the HealthStream technical requirements and guidelines for video within an authored learning activity
Solving Real-world Problems - Enterprise
Cynthia Key, Operations Manager – HealthStream & Geralyn Quick, RN, BSN; Clinical Educator –Oakwood Healthcare System (Dearborn, MI)
· Are you responsible for HLC administration at a multi-facility organization (i.e. “enterprise”)?
· Are you interested in hearing from other enterprise administrators who successfully utilize the HLC to solve problems for their organizations?
· Would you like to share ideas with other enterprise administrators for solving complex training/learning challenges?
During this one hour session, you will hear from experienced enterprise administrators who have used the HLC to successfully address training issues organization-wide. You will also work with your enterprise administrator peers to explore possible solutions to other challenges using case studies and group exercises. Finally – the floor will be open for you to ask questions and seek recommended practices for enterprise administration.
· Describe recommendations for organizing your enterprises
· Discuss best practices for implementing enterprise-wide initiatives
· Gather suggestions for improving efficiency and effectiveness of enterprise administration
How People Learn
Tom Noser, Sr. Product Manager – HealthStream
Want to make your training more effective and improve your education outcomes? Then become a better educator by learning how people learn. This session will discuss cognitive theories of learning, including information processing theory and social context of learning. We’ll also discuss why schooling and training often fail to change behavior and what you need to understand to make a greater impact on what counts.. what your students do when the lesson ends.
· Identify the social structures that impact how and what people learn
· Learn why most training design is doomed from the start
· Learn why one good business objective is worth 10 learning objectives
· Learn why recognizing distributed expertise is the key to keeping your sanity as a trainer
Geoff Curless, Director of U.S. Sales – Trivantis Corporation & Aaron Briggs, Technical Writer –HealthStream
Are you new to Lectora? Are you thinking about how to deliver SCORM content through the HLC? Would you like to explore the possibilities with Lectora? During this one-hour session, take a tour of Lectora Inspire with Geoff Curless (HealthStream Manager) from Trivantis, and explore the possibilities for interactive content development, and incorporating that content into your HLC courses. The demonstration will be followed by a Q & A for new Lectora users.
· Identify the benefits of SCORM content
· Review Lectora content development basics
· Describe how SCORM content is added to an HLC course
Help Me Help You
Dana Wise, Customer Service Supervisor & Steve Price, Sr. Operations Manger – HealthStream
Are you interested in an overview of HealthStream Customer Service?
Would you like an orientation to the available HealthStream Learning self-help tools?
This one-hour session will introduce you to the role of client support by the HealthStream Customer Service team. You will also be introduced to the many self-help tools available, including the customer Self-service Portal, the HLC online Help system, and regulatory course materials. Additionally, you will hear about the new Insight into Action Community, as well as the HealthStream User Groups (HUGs) and Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
HLC CE Credit Management
Jennifer Donnelly, Executive Director Hospital Accreditation Education – HealthStream
Are you the administrator of your organization’s continuing education program(s)?
Are you interested in utilizing the HLC CE Credit Management functionality?
Would you benefit from a review of HLC CE Credit Management functionality?
Join HealthStream’s Executive Director of Accredited Education for a tour of the HLC CE Credit Management functionality. Data entry to support your CE accreditations/approvals will be demonstrated, including the development of a dynamic CE certificate template. You will be provided with instructions for adding CE credit to an administrator-developed course, and will be given tips and tricks for avoiding CE credit management issues and troubleshooting problems.
· Describe the HLC CE credit management functionality.
· Enter HLC data for a CE accreditation/approval.
· Add CE credit to an administrator-developed course.
· Troubleshoot CE credit management issues.
What's New with HLC Imports?
Matt Versley, Operations Manager & Voncha Reddy, Director of Technology Services – HealthStream
· Are you responsible for supplying HealthStream with student demographic data import files?
· Would you like to understand the additional information that can be imported using the new 25-column format?
· Would you like to improve your skills in analyzing and if necessary correcting student demographic import data?
During this one hour session, the process for HLC data imports will be reviewed. The new 25-column student demographic import will be outlined, as well as the Discipline/License and Job Title to Job Category import file. During group exercises, participants will have the opportunity to troubleshoot sample files, as well as to analyze Student Import Results report data to identify and correct import discrepancies.
· Review the process for HLC demographic data imports
· Describe new import files and features
· Analyze student import results data to identify and correct discrepancies
HCC Reports and Ad-Hoc Reporting
Matthew Schneider, Implementation Manager & Shayna Hansen, Trainer – HealthStream
Are you a HealthStream Competency Center (HCC) customer? Would you like to know more about the HCC reports library and how you can use these reports to manage your HCC data? Would you like to hear about advanced options to refine these reports for your organization’s specific needs? Join Shayna Hansen and Matt Schneider as they walk you through the report library and demonstrate easy ways to access, organize and review data.
· Describe Administrator roles available for report management
· Review the different groups of standard reports
· Access and view the standard HCC status reports
· Add and edit filters to refine your report output
Facilitating a New Graduate Residency Program: A Blended Learning Approach Using the HLC
Dawna Cato, MSNed, Director Regional Nursing Education – Abrazo Health (Phoenix, AZ) & Cynthia Key, Operations Manager – HealthStream
Would you like to hear one customer’s experience using the HLC to support a blended learning initiative? This session will discuss opportunities and challenges related to integration of an online learning modality for new graduate residency participants. The HealthStream Learning Center (HLC) is one component of a blended learning program that provides for diverse learning styles and adult learning principles. Online learning via the HLC provides evidence-based content to augment clinical learning, simulation, and classroom discussion.
· Identify challenges to implementation of a New Graduate Residency Program
· Discuss opportunities related a blended learning model and optimization of the HLC in New Graduate Residency Program
Adding Quizzes to Contribute Content
Shayna Hansen, Trainer – HealthStream
Are you an Authoring Center administrator?
Do you utilize basic Contribute functionality?
Would you like to increase interactivity by adding quiz questions to your authored content?
During this one hour session, you will be introduced to the procedure for adding interactive quizzes and test questions within your Contribute authored content. Using the Contribute hyperlink tool, hotspots will be created allowing students to answer quiz questions and review their comprehension when navigating through authored content. You will learn how to map question pages and quiz buttons to corresponding answer pages within the learning activity.
NOTE: This is NOT a hands-on training session.
· Map interactive quiz questions for incorporation into Contribute authored content
· Add interactive quiz questions to Contribute authored content
Implementing a Nation-wide Enterprise
Cynthia Key, Operations Manager – HealthStream & Bill Lightfoot, RN; VP of Corporate Training & Education & Divisional VP of Clinical Operations – Psychiatric Solutions, Inc.
· Are you a new enterprise administrator – i.e. responsible for the HLC within a multi-facility organization?
· Are you trying to determine the best way to implement the HLC and deliver training across the organization?
During this one-hour session, you will hear from one of your enterprise administrator colleagues as he takes you on his journey to roll out a nation-wide HLC enterprise. Foundations for successful implementation will be discussed, as well as challenges and recommended practices. The concept of “beginning with the end in mind” will be applied to the HLC enterprise decision-making process. Participants will engage through an active discussion of hierarchy design and enterprise-wide HLC marketing strategies.
· Define the goals of an HLC enterprise
· Discuss options for hierarchy design
· Review administrator roles and responsibilities
· Develop an internal marketing and rollout plan
Michael Leftwich, Trainer – HealthStream
Would you like to learn more about optional features available in the HLC? This one hour session outlines optional features within the HLC, including:
- Password reminder
- Student-entered learning events
· Describe various optional HLC features
· Determine which optional features would benefit your organization
Assignments 102: A Refresher on Assignment Rules
Joel Cranford, Business Analyst – HealthStream
Would you like a greater understanding of how the HLC manages assignments from a systems perspective?
Would you like the opportunity to ask questions about assignments to ensure that you achieve desired assignment results?
During this session, a HealthStream expert will guide you through the HLC assignment rules and recommended practices. A group exercise will allow you to collaborate with your peers to analyze a series of assignment scenarios and determine the most appropriate assignment type and timing.
· Define assignment type and timing
· Describe HLC assignment rules
· Achieve desired assignment results
Recurring Assignments: A Roundtable Discussion
Michael May, Operations Manager – HealthStream
· Are you new to recurring assignments?
· Would you like a greater understanding about how assignment rules affect delivery of recurring assignments?
· Would you like to pose your questions about recurring assignments to a HealthStream assignments expert?
If you have these or other questions related to HLC recurring assignments, this session is for you. Come participate in a round-table discussion with an internal HLC assignments expert. Pose your questions, and discuss solutions as well as recommended practices for recurring assignment use and reporting.
· Review recurring assignment rules
· Utilize recurring assignments to deliver education within your organization
HeartCode Troubleshooting Basics
Brad Turner, Sr. Product Specialist, Content & Mark Comden, Product Specialist – HealthStream
Are you a HeartCode BLS or ACLS User?
Would you like to troubleshoot your HeartCode manikins like a pro?
Come join members of our HeartCode support team to take an in-depth tour of the HeartCode manikins. During this hands-on experience, you will learn how to access critical manikin parts, and will identify and troubleshoot common problems.
· Identify manikin parts
· Troubleshoot common manikin problems
Managing HLC Classroom Activities
Cynthia Key, Operations Manager & Mandi Broome, Sr. Operations Specialist – HealthStream
Are you new to the HLC classroom functionality?
Are you interested in hearing tips and recommended practices for HLC class management?
This one hour session provides an overview of HLC classroom functionality, and will explore tips and tricks for effective class management. Class management rules will be outlined, and troubleshooting examples will be explored.
· Review class management rules and functionality
· Describe recommended practices for the use of classroom activities
· Identify troubleshooting techniques to solve common issues
Kelly Cuyler, RN; Operations Manager – HealthStream & Laurene Skogrand, Regional Manager, Online Learning & Staff Development – Providence Health & Services (Mission Hills, CA)
Have you experienced:
- Students not receiving assignments?
- Missing assignments or student groups?
- New jobs or department codes/titles?
- Terminated administrators still in the HLC?
- Duplicate students?
- New core regulatory course versions not available?
- Sorting through pages and pages of student groups and assignments?
During this session, we will explore methods for keeping your organization's HLC well-maintained and up-to-date.
· Effectively manage students, student groups, and administrators
· Analyze the student import results report and address discrepancies
· Outline the process for managing HealthStream regulatory course updates
· Review the process for content library maintenance
· Describe the process for managing historic education (assignments, classes, etc.)
Solving Real-world Problems - Stand-alone Facility
Megan Heady, Sr. Operations Specialist & Kathy Frossard, Client Executive – HealthStream & Laura Sweatt, BSN, RN; Assistant Education Director – Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas (Beaumont, TX) & Candace Isabell, MSN, RN; Staff Development Educator – St Anthony’s Medical Center
Are you responsible for HLC administration of a stand-alone facility (i.e. not part of a larger enterprise)?
Would you like the opportunity to discuss common challenges with your educational initiatives, and potential solutions using the HLC and other HealthStream tools?
This session provides stand-alone facility administrators the opportunity to collaborate with their peers to identify common challenges and potential solutions for educational delivery. Learn how other administrators utilize the HLC to address real-world problems such as compliance training and reporting.
· Identify training and education challenges that are common to stand-alone facilities
· Discuss how the HLC can be used to solve challenges
· Describe the use of the HLC in supporting educational initiatives
HLC Publishing and Permissions
Shayna Hansen, Trainer – HealthStream
Are you developing courses in the HLC?
Would you benefit from a review of the Publish Course settings, including Advanced Publish functionality and test/evaluation override permissions?
During this session, you will receive a detailed review and demonstration of HLC course publishing and republishing. Test and evaluation overrides and permissions will be described. Basic and advanced publishing will be outlined, including recommended practices for both features.
· Review test/evaluation override and permissions
· Describe HLC publishing settings
· Differentiate between Quick and Advanced publish, including recommended practices for each
· Determine when re-publishing vs. versioning is most appropriate
HLC Reports Basics
Michael Leftwich, Trainer – HealthStream
Would you benefit from a review of basic HLC reports? This session provides guided review of the HLC assignment and course completion reports. Report configurations will be demonstrated, as well as setting up scheduled reports. The student and group transcript report will also be demonstrated. Participants will have the opportunity to request review of other available reports as time allows.
· Describe the data output of HLC assignment and course reports
· Configure reports to achieve desired data outputs
· Schedule reports to run at pre-determined intervals
HLC Equivalents and Curricul
Tom Noser, Sr. Product Manager – HealthStream
Are you interested in learning more about the HLC Equivalents and Curricula features?
Would you like to know more about enhancing your training efforts using equivalents and curricula?
This one-hour session provides an overview of the new HLC Equivalents and Curricula features. Both will be demonstrated in a live HLC environment, and recommendations for using both will be offered. Assignment rules regarding both equivalents and curricula will be reviewed, and the student experience will be explored. Upcoming enhancements to the equivalents and curricula features will be shared.
· Define HLC Equivalents and Curricula
· Add, manage and assign equivalents and curricula
· Describe the student experience for equivalents and curricula
Using the Completion Data Export (CDE) Report
Matt Versley, Operations Manager – HealthStream
Have you mastered the basics of HLC reporting?
Are you ready to gather even more information using the data available in the HLC?
Do you have access to Microsoft Access software?
In this one hour presentation, you will learn how to export HLC completion data and, using Microsoft Access, query the data to meet your information needs. In addition to seeing an overview of the report, participants will determine what data they would like to be able to analyze in detail using the CDE. NOTE: While you must use Microsoft Access to query the CDE data, expert skill with MS Access is not required.
· Define the tables and the fields they contain
· Describe the relationships between tables
· Run a basic query to retrieve information
· Save queries for future use in other Completion Data Export reports
Transforming Class Management with Easy Scan
Steve Price, Sr. Operations Manager – HealthStream & Virginia Reeves, BSN, RN, MS; Education Consultant – Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC)
· Do you currently utilize the HLC class management features?
· Would you like to improve class management efficiencies?
· Are you interested in learning more about Easy Scan, and how one HLC organization has implemented an extensive scanning program to support class management?
During this one our session, you will learn how Easy Scan has vastly improved the class management efforts and efficiencies of a large healthcare system. Multiple implementation options will be outlined. Participants will also have the opportunity to see Easy Scan in action, and learn simple trouble-shooting techniques.
· Describe the Easy Scan product
· Discuss how Easy Scan was implemented to improve class management for a large, multi-facility organization
· Identify recommended practices for Easy Scan implementation
Managing Your Content Library
Kelly Cuyler, RN; Operations Manager – HealthStream
Is it difficult to determine which courses or assignments are current and relevant at your facility? Are students completing "the wrong course/class?" Do you have a plan to proactively manage the content library at your facility? During this one hour session you will discover the importance of maintaining your content library and current best practice; the basic process integral to appropriately maintaining your content library and lastly, work to formulate a comprehensive plan that you can apply at your organization to ensure that students are receiving the most current and appropriate learning.
· Correctly cite the importance of content review on a routine, scheduled, predetermined basis
· Define correctly the following terms: inactivation, retiring, assignments, "un"/publishing
· Correctly list the five fundamental considerations in managing your content library
· Provide an example of how you can apply these fundamental considerations to the content library at your facility
· Formulate a (pro/retro-active) plan to manage your existing content library
SCORM 101: Authoring and Upload of SCORM-Conformant ContentKristin Markell, E-Learning Instructional Developer/Consultant – Trinity Health & Marvyn Hortman, Director of Catalog and Content Services – HealthStream
Are you developing SCORM-conformant content for upload to your HLC? Are you using Lectora or Captivate as your authoring tool? This session will offer a basic understanding of SCORM-conformant content, and will outline publishing and upload of SCORM content to the HLC, using both Lectora and Captivate. Troubleshooting tips will be provided, along with an opportunity for Q & A with an experienced instructional developer/author.
· Define SCORM
· Review the steps for publishing & uploading SCORM content to the HLC
· Troubleshoot common SCORM issues
Insight into Action Customer Community: Connect. Learn. Influence
Laura Creekmore, President – Creekmore Consulting: Content & Community Strategy (Nashville, TN)
Learn how you can use HealthStream's new Insight into Action Customer Community to connect, learn and influence. If you've recently joined the Community, would like a quick tour, or just need a short refresher course, this session is for you! We'll focus on setting up your profile, finding information, and connecting with groups and other Community members.
Strategic Enterprise Redesign
Barry Lancaster, Sr. Director of Professional Services - HealthStream & Barbara Lane, MEd, Corporate Manager, Organization Development - ProMedica Health System (Toledo, OH)
Are you a multi-facility HLC enterprise?
Have your learning needs changed/expanded since your initial HLC implementation?
Is the design of your existing HLC hierarchy allowing you to effectively deliver education and achieve desired results?
During this breakout session, you will hear how HealthStream Professional Services can assess your existing structure and, if necessary, make changes to better meet your strategic learning objectives. Meet two enterprise administrators who successfully redesigned their organizational hierarchies. Learn from them how they determined that redesign was needed, and the how the process has allowed them to better achieve their educational goals.
Determine the appropriateness of enterprise redesign
Outline the steps required for enterprise redesign
Discuss the potential benefits of enterprise redesign