This year promises to be our best one yet!
The event will be held: March 18, 19 and 20th, 2013 at the Egan Convention Center in downtown Anchorage.
Cost is Just $250.00 per attendee.
This years theme:
Governor Sean Parnell
will address the conference attendees at the Awards Luncheon on Wednesday via video conference.New to this year's conference:
- Safety Trained Supervisor Preparatory Exam Workshop - offered first time ever in Alaska!
- 2 General Sessions 19th and 20th - featuring the Deputy Director of NIOSH, Dr. Kitt, flying in from Washington DC to discuss "The Changing Face of Occupational H&S" and a Motivational Speaker out of Spokane discussing "Safety Beyond PPE"
- Please check out our posted Agenda tab for all Conference Presentations!
- Join us March 19th from 5-6 PM for a special Exhibitor / Sponsor Reception - to be held in the Exhibit Hall. (Hor 'd ourves & Cash Bar will be open)
- GCI is sponsoring a Business Center - 4 laptops with WIFI will be located in the exhibit hall
- ASP - first time ever, the GHSC will host a post-conference work shop, the Associate Safety Professional exam preparatory workshop - be sure to click on the ASP tab for details!
* A Special Treat -
- The Alaska ASSE hosted their 3rd annual Safety on the Job Kids poster contest in preparation for NAOSH week - On display - Enjoy the artwork of children from throughout Alaska who submitted posters - safety messages to their parents - a powerful thing!
- We are honored to have "Ophelia" the marine debris octopus art exhibit on loan from the Alaska Sealife Center. This art was created from the marine debris that washed up along the shores of Kodiak. The Kodiak High School Students collected, washed, separated and assembled this amazing artwork, giving voice to a noble cause! Representing environmental, health, and safety risks present at work, home, and play.
- Yes, there will be prizes, and many of them... of particular note, the Alaska Safety Advisory Council will be giving away a -
!32gb IPad 4! - details at the conference
- There will be drawings for prizes at the reception and the closing ceremony - you don't want to miss this opportunity!
Be sure to complete the Exhibitor Bingo Card and turn in your Conference Evaluation to maximize your chances to win prizes!Exhibitors -
Check out the Exhibitor/Tradeshow Tab to see the floor plan with 46 Exhibitors!! Come see what's new and exciting with the latest products and services being showcased for our Attendees!
Please check out our amazing sponsors! Though times are tough, these companies believe in Health and Safety and have put their support behind this conference! When doing business with them, be sure to say, "Thank You!"
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Your 2013, AK Governor's H&S Conference Planning Committee