|Date:||Wednesday, April 18, 2012|
|Time:||11:30 (Lunch Provided)|
|Location:||Urban Drainage & Flood Control District Boardroom|
|Cost:||$30 (CASFM Member Discount available)|
|Deadline:||5 p.m. Monday, April 16th|
Join us at Urban Drainage and Flood Control District (UDFCD) for our first CASFM Quarterly Lunch and Learn. David Mallory and Terri Fead of the UDFCD will lead a hands-on workshop demonstrating DLOMC Guidelines.
Submittal Guidelines for Digital Letters of Map Change (DLOMC)
Instructors: David Mallory, PE, CFM and Terri Fead, PE, CFM
While the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) must still accommodate hard copy submittals, UDFCD has developed a procedure for largely digital submittals that will save time on submittal preparation, but more importantly improve the quality of submittals. Anyone who has submitted a letter of map revision (LOMR) or a conditional letter of map revision (CLOMR) will report that inevitably they must redo and resubmit at least some items before the technical review commences.
The digital letter of map change (DLOMC) procedure includes:
• Standardized report text and FEMA forms in pdf format
• Electronic submittal of hydrologic/hydraulic models with a specified file structure and user-generated reports
• Construction plans (both proposed and as-built) submitted in pdf format
• Supporting documentation, including property owner notifications submitted in pdf format
• Electronic and hardcopy submittal of workmaps and annotated FIRMS
The presentation will include use of comparison tables, agreement tables and submittal checklists. These items are all related to quality control and will help reduce comments from the review agency. The digital submittals coupled with improved quality of submittals will save time and money on both sides of the review.
No refunds - Substitutions are allowed.
This site works best with Internet Explorer