Trainers Network Meeting
Understanding the Training Department at Your Credit Union
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
The training function varies from credit union to credit union – depending on size of the institution, where it reports to, what it is responsible for, how it is measured, etc. Credit union training could include one or more of the following:
• On-Boarding New Employees – welcoming and orienting new hires and
• Operational Training – processing transactions, following credit union policies
• Industry Training – learning about products and services,
understanding competitive forces
• Compliance Training – satisfying regulatory requirements and understanding
the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’
• Interpersonal Training – enhancing member service, developing sales skills,
improving supervisory and management skills
In the next meeting of the Trainers Network, we will discuss these demands and how to balance resources to get the job done as well as discuss growing the breadth of the department and what it takes to make that happen. We will discuss resources available both within and without the credit union as well as the knowledge we each bring to the table. Facilitated by Mark Millett, Assistant Vice President of Learning and Development of St. Mary’s Credit Union in Marlborough, MA it will surely be a lively discussion that will allow everyone to take an idea or two back with then to enhance the performance of their training department.
We hope to see you there!