For participants who attended the training course either in person or via webstreaming, there have been a number of changes and updates to the handout materials. Please either correct any hard copies of the original training materials with the new information, or replace them with these new updated materials. Updated lectures are indicated by inclusion of a revision date on the title slide, a list of updated slides on the second slide, and individual slides are clearly marked with an “updated slide” symbol. Updated documents have revision dates on them. In addition, we’ve included a document that summarizes all the changes to the course materials.
The recordings of the live training sessions and advance copies of the NHSN Patient Safety Component Manual chapters for 2013 will be available on the NHSN website by late December, 2012 (www.cdc.gov/nhsn).
Questions about the training materials should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and questions about the protocols should be directed to email@example.com (be sure to indicate if the question is about 2013 rules or 2012 rules).
***Please note that some of the files may take some time to load given the file size. If you experience problems opening a particular link, please close the window and try again as it may be a bandwidth issue or access problem through a proxy server. If after a few attempts you are still unable to access the file please follow the below steps to download flies to your hard drive.
Steps to Download a File:
1. Place mouse pointer directly over the hyperlinked file you wish to download and right click.
2. A small window will then launch; select “Save Target As” option.
3. The filename will be populated in the correct box.
4. Browse to the folder location where you would like to store the file (e.g., Desktop).
5. Click the “Save” button after you highlight the destination folder. A dialog box will open to show you the progress of the download.
6. Once the download is complete, either click on the “Open” button to open the file or click on the “Close” button. You can then later return to the destination folder and open the file from there.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please contact Felice Essex of Avaris Concepts at firstname.lastname@example.org.***