The 2009 Nonprofit Economic Climate:
Managing through the Downturn
There are crucial steps you can take now to be prepared for the economic climate.
In December 2008, Fiscal Management Associates (FMA) and the Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) joined together to present a workshop that offered nonprofit leaders concrete tools to lead their organizations during this challenging time. The sponsors of the event, The Clark, Robin Hood, and Tiger foundations, have agreed to allow the tools and presentation for public download here. To begin watching the 90 minute webinar review and downloading the tools, please scroll down.
- How the current market environment will affect nonprofits
- Practical scenario planning and modeling: how to develop smart,
- Recognizing the hidden opportunities to strengthen your standing
- Revenue and expense considerations
- Cash flow management and managing credit
- Role of the Executive Director and Board in leading the organization through a downturn
Participants will also come away with:
- Assessment tools and checklists to keep you grounded during crisis periods
- List of critical issues to address with suggested prioritization
DOWNLOAD the powerpoint, webinar, tools, and event feedback here:
A. Powerpoint Handout
1. Recession Checklist
A financial checklist - understand your balance sheet, access
liquidity, develop an organization response
8. Cost Containment Discussion
Cost Saving Opportunities and Suggestions Example
Beginning with Children Foundation
9. Scenario Planning Process
A flow chart that takes a step by step look at your
approach to revenue, expenses, and the impact on the bottom
line. Who should be involved? What do they need to consider?
What is the focus?
10. Strategic Alliances Checklist
Important questions to consider during a mergerImportant questions to consider during a merger or affiliation
D. Strategies and Top Action plan feedback from the over 100 nonprofit leader participants:
E. Related Articles and Information:
More Companies Are Cutting Labor Costs Without Layoffs
Do you have an article of interest to add to this list? Email us the link and a short description at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may add it to the site to share with others.