This conference will provide Health Unit Coordinators and other clerical staff knowledge and skills to enhance their contributions in the health care setting.
This activity has been approved for 6.25 contact hours by Baylor Scott & White – Central Region who is approved by NAHUC.
Upon completion of this educational day, participants will be able to:
- Identify ways to prevent poisonings from happening.
- Examine your work setting for situations that may or may not provide for your safety.
- List specific challenges for patients who have undergone bariatric procedures.
- Describe the consequences of human trafficking.
- Discuss substance abuse and diversion in the healthcare setting.
- Discuss techniques for improving communication and building a cooperative relationship with difficult people.