LEAD Academy is an intensive six-day, 12-module training experience using innovative tools and experiential learning to empower recently hired, newly appointed or previously untrained health care leaders to better understand and use their strengths. Designed for health care supervisors and managers, LEAD is built on the underlying principle that effective leadership requires productive relationships to support excellence in patient care, sustainable business objectives and a safe patient environment.
LEAD Academy sessions provide a safe environment to practice newly learned skills and align work goals and actions to support the broader vision of the organization. Engaging activities guide participants through the process of understanding differing leadership styles and overcoming the distinct challenges of being a leader. Specific program focus areas include:
• Supporting the development of others
• Managing and developing a successful organization
At the conclusion of the LEAD Academy, participating healthcare managers will be able to:
1. Improve the performance of the people and groups that report to them
2. Enhance their contribution to the achievement of facility and system objectives
3. Increase their own self-management skills during everyday and stressful situations
Classroom modules, taught by world-class facilitators, culminate with a certificate of completion.