ANNUAL MEETING OF THE
HUMAN FACTORS AND
- Enable pop-ups.
- Stay on the registration page. If you navigate away from the registration page before completing the online form, information you entered will be lost.
- Enter a valid e-mail address. HFES will e-mail your registration confirmation/receipt. Please set your spam filter or firewall to accept messages from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment is accepted by credit card or check. VISA, Mastercard, and American Express payments are secure, and payment in full will be charged to your card when you register. If you pay by check, your e-mailed registration confirmation will serve as an invoice. Check payments (U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank) must be received no later than September 9, 2013; after that date, the nondiscounted registration rates will apply.
- Report problems to the HFES Annual Meeting Office (714/957-9100, 800/321-6338, email@example.com).
· Have your HFES member ID ready. Forgot your ID number?? Contact Member Services.
· Student ID is required on-site for current students. 2013 graduates may register at the student rate by presenting a 2013 student ID.
· Students: Upgrade your membership. Student Affiliate members who graduated in 2012 are eligible for Transitional Associate membership for up to two years immediately following graduation.
· You must be a current member at the time of the meeting to receive the member rate.
|· Nonmember attendees get one year's membership free! Register for the full week and enjoy the benefits of HFES membership thru December 31, 2014. (This offer does not apply to students or those who are previous HFES members.) View the complete list of membership benefits at the Membership page.
· A valid, current Student ID is required for student registrations. Students who have graduated in 2013 may present a 2013 student ID to qualify for the student rate.
· International Ergonomics Association members get HFES member rates. Non-U.S. members of societies that are Federated Members of the IEA may register at the HFES Member Rate. Select the "IEA Member" option in the registration form and enter the name of the IEA-federated society to which you belong.
Travel Regulations for Attendees from Visa Waiver Countries:
Effective January 20, 2010, travelers to the United States from Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
countries may be denied boarding by the airlines if they haven’t complied with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Electronic System for Travel Authorization program.
ESTA, introduced in January 2009, requires all international travelers from VWP countries to register in an online database. International travelers to the United States must go to the ESTA Web site
and fill out an application before entering the country by air or sea. If approved, the authorization is good for two years and can be renewed. Travelers no longer have to fill out an I-94W form before each trip. U.S. officials say ESTA will speed up the process for travelers, enable customs officials to screen passengers in advance, and improve security.
The ESTA requirement does not affect U.S. citizens returning from overseas, people from VWP countries traveling on a valid U.S. visa, or travelers from non-VWP nations.