Presented by VAFB Young Farmers & VDACS Office of Farmland Preservation
Saturday,August 4, 2012, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Lunch Included!
Weyers Cave Community Center, Weyers Cave, VA
Background: The 3rd in a series of pilot workshops throughout Virginia designed in partnership between the Virginia Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Office of Farmland Preservation in an effort to enhance the Virginia Farm Link Program, and to aid discussions of how to effectively create successful farm transitions through mentoring partnerships in the future.
Audience: (Anyone is welcome, so please bring your spouse and interested family members too!)
· Any farm owner or farm seeker interested in meeting people who are serious about agriculture’s future, and those who may not currently have a path to extending their farm business
· Farm or land owners who would like to know more about how to successfully transition at minimal expense or discover new ways to utilize currently owned farm land
· Farm owners willing to mentor farm seekers looking to either start or expand their farming operations
· Farm seekers looking to meet farm owners interested in providing agricultural mentoring opportunities
· Farm family members who are interested in exploring farm transition options
· Attorney, Accountant, Financial and Estate Planners, Lending Professionals, and Extension Specialists
· Whole Farm Planning specialists and programming for new and beginning farmers/landowners
· VDACS Office of Farmland Preservation, Virginia Farm Bureau. USDA Farm Service Agency, Farm Credit, First Bank/AgCredit and more
For more information visit www.vafarmlink.org