The National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions (Federation) and the League invite you to a meeting to learn more about CDFI certification and how your credit union can grow by reaching emerging markets in your community.
Join us to learn how credit unions are leading the way in the economic development of their communities. At the meeting experts from the Federation will:
- Discuss the building blocks for sustainable growth in low income communities including low income designation, CDFI certification and membership in the Federation.
- Provide an in-depth review of the CDFI certification process.
- Review case studies of how credit unions of all sizes have used CDFI certification to grow in membership, deposits and loans.
- Share community partnerships strategies to expand credit unions' reach within field of membership
Benefits of CDFI certification include the ability to:
- Apply for Financial Assistance and Technical Assistance Awards of up to $2 million per year.
- Receive below-market deposits from institutions participating in the Bank Enterprise Award program.
- Eligibility for an exemption from the statutory 12.25 percent cap on member business lending
- Measure and demonstrate impact through the CDFI Fund's Community Investment Impact System.
- Participate in other initiatives like the CDFI Bond Guarantee Program, the Federal Home Loan Bank Community Development Program, etc
There is NO FEE for this meeting.