Welcome to the
2011 National TB Conference
NOTE: Information regarding the 7th National Conference on Aspects of TB is available the the APHL website www.aphl.org.
Please join us at the 2011 National TB Conference, June 15-17, 2011, at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The theme for this year's conference is “TB Control: Facing Challenges - Discovering Solutions.”
The conference will be preceded with special meetings on Monday and Tuesday, June 13 and 14. Breakout sessions will be included to enhance discussions, as well as to share program experiences and successes. All meetings and sessions are noted on the conference agenda are accessible from the navigation bar on the left.
The Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL) is holding their 7th National Conference on Laboratory Aspects of TB in conjunction with the National TB Conference June 13-15, 2011. For additional information about this conference, please visit the APHL website click here
The National TB Conference is an important forum that brings state, local, territorial, and other TB control professionals together with colleagues from the CDC to discuss a wide array of medical, technical, and programmatic TB issues.
Invited participants for the 2011 conference include state and big city TB Controllers, TB Nurse Consultants, TB Program Managers, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE) field staff, TB laboratory staff, and Regional Training and Medical Consultation Centers (RTMCC) leadership.
Conference Registration and Hotel Reservations
For tracking purposes, we prefer that you register online for the conference and that you make your hotel reservations online at the same time that you register for the conference.
- The 2011 National TB Conference registration fee is $400. A special registration fee of $550 is being offered to attend both the 2011 National TB Conference and the 7th National Conference on Laboratory Aspects of TB. To register for the conference(s), see the Conference Registration page.
- If paying the registration fee(s) by check or purchase order, please mail payment to: National TB Controllers Association, 2452 Spring Road, SE, Smyrna, GA 30080 Phone: 678-503-0503.
- ALERT!!! The Omni Hotel is now sold out! If you have not yet made your hotel reservations, please contact the Melia Hotel, 590 West Peachtree Street, 404-877-9000. Please ask for the $132 Federal government rate.
Presentations and Abstracts
Due to the overwhelming positive feedback, the 2011 National TB Conference will remain green and paperless. This means that presentations and abstracts can be printed online before arriving at the conference and that evaluations are to be completed online.
- Abstracts for the poster sessions will be available for download starting on or about May 27. To download a Word document containing all of the conference's abstracts, click Abstracts on the left navigation bar and then click on the document's link to download it.
Important Notice from NTCA:
- Presentations submitted by session speakers also will be available online after the conference. To download a presentation, click the scheduled day of the presentation on the left navigation bar to open the online agenda. The presentations are linked to each presenter’s name. Click on the presenter’s name for the presentation you want to download. The presentations will be linked to the agenda on this online registration site as soon as they are received. Please keep checking the website for updates. All registrants are requested to both download and print presentations prior to arriving in Atlanta. Presentations will be available on the registration website until December 31, 2011.
2011 NTCA Awards Nomination
Deadline Extended to Monday, April 25, 2011
This is the second year that the NTCA will be honoring individuals or organizations for their dedication and distinguished service in the field of TB. Nominations can be submitted by anyone, and nominees do not need to be members of NTCA. The award categories are described in the Awards Announcement. The deadline for nomination forms is April 25, 2011. Awards will be presented at the 2011 National TB Conference.